London Vegan Eats: Feeling Savoury

1 comment
Some of my firm favorites and some new finds (to me) vegan spots in the capital. One of my favorite Instagram accounts I follow is Vegans of Ldn and with the little bookmark option now I find myself saving more and more places that I just have to visit and make my tummy happy with.

For that health kick...
Pride Kitchen
Previously known as Salad Pride in Covent Garden. A health conscious cafe with an array of different flavored and themed wholesome salads. I took my Mum for lunch here and we felt so satisfied and full of goodness... even though we did then try the carrot cake after. Life is all about balance right?


Sanctuary
This little restaurant can be found in Fulham with a team of staff completely dedicated to the cruelty free life style.  I visited with my Sister over the Easter weekend and I had the best Tofish and chips I have ever tried served with mushy peas and salad whilst my Sister opted for the chicken nada burger. I really loved this place, an extensive menu and the presentation of food was really spot on and we both thought it was really good value for money.





Redemption 
A healthy restaurant tucked away in Notting Hill (also one in Shoreditch) all vegan, sugar, wheat and alcohol free bar which will make your feel saintly. Pictured above is the Tokyo salad of brown rice, avocado salad, seaweed and a citrus miso dressing - it tasted bloody delicious. This salad, is my kind of salad down to a t.

To satisfy those *very* rumbling stomachs...

La Suite West 
One of my Christmas presents from my Sister was tickets for Matt and I to indulge in an Afternoon tea at a hotel in Kensington called La Suite West complete with an alcohol free glass of prosecco. The sandwich fillings were so varied and full of flavor (usually something that can be a downfall at least at vegan or vegetarian teas) the highlight for us had to be the stunning coconut cream and scones with fresh strawberries.


Cook Daily
I was so excited for Boxpark Croydon to open, not only because it's one of the first cool things to happen to Croydon in the longest time and because of Cook Daily. I've currently tried 3 different dishes here, all of which all were very tasty but the Pad Thai has got to be my absolute to. Served with plenty of toasted cashews and puffed tofu. At both Croydon and Shoreditch Boxpark.


What the Pitta 
Also at Boxpark Croydon (spoiling us vegans right now) is the completely vegan doner hot spot. Fact - I've never eaten a 'proper' kebab I gave up meat at 16 and it never appealed to me when I did eat meat. This new kid on the block came along and I'd heard great things about it. What the Pitta offers home-made flat bread, delicious marinated 'meat', fresh fillings and very generous portions! Great accompanied with the seasoned fries. They also serve turkish pizzas and loaded fries topped with sauces and the 'meat' pieces.



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comments:

niki said...

Mmmm, everything looks really yummy and quite healthy! My sister studies in the UK and she tells me there are actually so many healthy food destinations in London! & haha, it's all about balance- don't forget to treat yourself sometimes ;) followed and excited for more posts!! X

Simplee Nikkie

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig